A few things I noticed after watching some of “Dee Dee’s” day 1 testimony yesterday…
- I understood everything Rachel was saying and was just as annoyed as she was for having to repeat so many statements. But, I wish somebody would have advised her to remain composed and on point no matter how unnecessary she thought repeating her answers and the questions were. You could tell West was fucking with her by asking dumb/confusing/detail laden/”boring” questions, pausing for long periods of time, and acting overly calm when she was obviously anxious.
- Didn’t it seem like Rachel was trying to tell the court/jury that she thought Trayvon was directly outside of Brandy’s house/porch before being chased (from south to north) that final time?
- Rachel mentioned telling Trayvon that Zimmerman, the creepy man watching him, could be a rapist. There’s nothing significant to her assertion other than bcclist commenters previously imagining what it would be like fleeing from a potential rapist in the dark rainy night. I.e. Not wanting to lead a predator back to the house and Chad.
- I think the defense was prepping Rachel for an upcoming bombshell by asking why she thought it took Trayvon 30 minutes to get to the mailboxes from 7/11. There could be more to this story based on her dodgy response, the 3 hooded guys that bought 4 cigars after Trayvon was denied a cigar and left 7/11, and Trayvon’s sealed cellphone records. Regardless, as mentioned here, none of this means Trayvon Martin should have been profiled/chased/killed that night
- It sucks that Rachel lied about both her age (makes sense, she’s extremely paranoid/watches way too much TV drama) and attending the wake…she had to admit this under oath yesterday.