It’s easily the best movie I’ve seen this year. To water things down but summarize, The Wackness is a more pertinent version of Good Will Hunting for the same generation that enjoyed Good Will Hunting at the time of its release (present company included) but now hate the thought of watching it again because it means you’d have to deal with all the unnecessary/obnoxious drama and stare at Robin Williams, Matt Damon, The Afflecks, and Minnie Driver for 86 minutes.
The music and plot for The Wackness – while set in New York, New York circa May through August 1994 – were applicable for some in the Midwest 1996 – ?. There should/could be a phenomenal soundtrack.
Oscar nomination anyone? That’s possibly a stretch but it received standing ovations at the Sundance Film Festival. RottenTomatoes.com – current 63% approval rating though that number should jump – has some mixed reviews that can be disregarded.
Update: The soundtrack – click here – is classic. Also available on iTunes.
1. The What – The Notorious B.I.G. feat. Method Man
2. You Used To Love Me – Faith Evans
3. Flava In Your Ear – Craig Mack
4. Summertime – DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
5. Can’t You See – Total featuring Notorious B.I.G.
6. I Can’t Wake Up – KRS-One
7. The World Is Yours – Nas
8. Can I Kick It? – A Tribe Called Quest
9. Heaven & Hell – Raekwon
10. Bump N’ Grind- R. Kelly
11. Just A Friend – Biz Markie
12. Tearz – Wu-Tang Clan
13. Long Shot Kick De Bucket – The Pioneers