It seems that Brian Lam at Gizmodo awkwardly loves the Palm Pre. Below are his iPhone wishes for the soon to be released OS 3.0. I’ve noted those wishes that currently exist on a standard iPhone. Moreover, I crossed out the wishes that could be resolved by jailbreaking an iPhone…
• CUUUUUUUUUUT AND PASSSSSSSSSSSTEEEEEEEE!!!
• Multitasking gestures, like the Palm Pre
• Background app running, like the Palm Pre
• App store submission fees, or some way to limit app store spam, like Microsoft’s planned app store
• MMS – I don’t care about this, really, but you might
nobody cares about MMS. when an iPhone user gets a text picture mail, it can be accessed by following a simple link. rather than send a picture text, iPhone users simply send the picture as an email.
• Video recording
• Voice dialing and text-to-speech caller ID
there’s an legal App Store app for this.
• Better software support for phone-related stuff, like optionally adding “Favorites” or “Recents” to home screen (and improved voice quality if possible)
this is a pretty easy thing to do even on a non jailbroken iPhone.
• Bluetooth stereo streaming, like the Palm Pre
• Bluetooth file transfer and storage
• Bluetooth/Wi-fi sync, like the Zune
• iLife and iWork Mobile for editing docs and multimedia on the phone itself
editing docs – I’m not sure. editing multimedia – there are plenty of Apps available for this.
• SPEED – The OS gets really sluggish after using it for awhile
• A completely new or refreshed UI – There’s something to be said for meaningless but thoughtful design refreshes
• Big keyboard support and bulk delete in every app
get a bigger keyboard by jailbreaking. bulk delete – huh?
• Flash support in browser
ok, this would be cool.
• iTunes app management
there’s an iTunes App.
• Popups and notifications that don’t interrupt your current activity, like the Palm Pre
It’s my opinion the only thing the iPhone is missing once jailbroken is a good wireless carrier, flash supported browser, and a flash camera.